Another great post from Penelope Trunk, How to Sell Anything to Anyone.
I like that she cuts the fat off of everything. She is stripped down. And if you read her regularly, she really pares things down to get to the simple purity of it all. I enjoy following her on her quest.
Stripped down sales 101. Everything you need to know.
1. Ask a GOOD question. No yes or know questions. Open ended questions. Your job as the sales person is to be a doctor and find out where it hurts with your future customer. What are the challenges you are facing? Better, if you are any good, you, as the expert salesperson, should KNOW what these challenges are ahead of time. But lets start with getting the customer talking.
2. Solve a problem. There are ONLY 2 SOLUTIONS. You need to help the customer SAVE money (spend less) or MAKE money. If you can't do either of those, well...have fun with your Ponzi scheme. And no, I don't need any knives.
3. Practice! Figure out those open ended questions. Experiment on your spouse and children. I just did it with the neighbor..."what's the hardest part about keeping your yard weed free?" :)
There...we're done...you now know how to sell.
No comments:
Post a Comment