I haven't posted since June 5th, 2011. Sorry. I had major back surgery 6 weeks ago. Still very much recovering.
I have been using google+ quite a bit. I have pretty much completely checked out of facebook. Linkedin and I are still friends. I couldn't tell you the last time I tweeted. I did get yelled at by Mrs. Lally for sending a lot of texts. But that was because a lot of them were with my brother who is out of state.
I haven't really had a lot to say to be honest. I have had on-going back issues for years now. This time we went with the "go nuclear" option and did some spinal fusions. I kept asking for the bionics but they denied the technology existed. Whatever. But I had been in a lot of brain-scrambling pain for over a year leading up to the surgery. I focused on work, knowing I was going out for awhile.
Going forward, I think Google+ is where it is going to all go down. I like the control. I can "blog" (write longer pieces), "tweet" (send links which is all I was really doing anyway), and I then there is the control. I don't have to maintain 50 different sites: 1 for family, 1 for professional reasons, a facebook, a twitter, a whatever. I do really still like Linkedin because there is an ease of use factor for me. I like being able to see the connections that easily. I try to connect people and Linkedin does a great job of showing the linkages.
I can see the mikelally.net landing page becoming something like a flavors.me page. Picture of my handsome mug, links to google+ and linkedin.
Oh, and for all you people out there worried about google knowing all of your information - seriously - go read the Patriot Act. You gave all of that up 10 years ago.
So feel free to add me to your circles or view my stream (that just doesn't sound right) here.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/101822007701906760923
No comments:
Post a Comment