Sunday, November 18, 2007

Going Beyond To-Do Lists

Back in August, Rajesh Setty had his second manifesto published on ChangeThis. I really like Rajesh. I reviewed his book for the CEO Refresher. I tried to do some work with him when we were trying to launch our own customer management company. He focuses on providing a framework for distinguishing yourself. His first manifesto was 25 Ways to Distinguish Yourself.

"Making the Most of Your Time: Going Beyond To-Do Lists" continues this trend. Rajesh lays out 9 areas to focus on if you want to make the most of your time and succeed in life. It is a framework for developing a life with some meaning.

  1. WOW! Projects - Rajesh is a Tom Peters disciple. If you aren't working on way cool projects doing way cool work...well....what ARE you doing?

  2. Strengthen Your Personal Brand - Rajesh says, "Where you believe in it or not, whether you like it or not, whether you care for it or not - you have a personal brand."

  3. Build Long Term Relationships - quality relationships - 1000 connects on linkedin don't mean anything if no one will return your call.

  4. Increase Your Capacity to Deliver

  5. Make a Difference to the World

  6. Increase Others' Capacity To Make A Difference

  7. Spend Time with Friends and Family

  8. Increase Your Contributions to Multiple Networks

  9. Learning and Learning to Un-Learn


Over the next several days, I am going to explore each of these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment