Lifehacker has a post today called Manage Your Online Reputation. I've talked about managing your rep before (see Impression Management in a Socially Networked World ). This article presents some additional thoughts.
You can use Google Alerts or MonitorThis to monitor when your name appears in the search index. MonitorThis aggregates data from many different sources such as the major search engines.
I am interested in the mention that YouTube gets here. Controlling your brand via YouTube. Put a video of yourself up there and make sure you have it labeled with your name. Hey, it just adds to the index Google is building of you.
It also refers to Twitter...which I have started using. It is referred to as a "micro-blogging" tool. Rather than using it as a "what are you doing?", "Nothing", "What are you doing?" exchange, I've been trying to use it as a time tracker. I've been unsuccessful as you can see from the frequency of posts on the right. But I can see how it can serve as a good archive of how I am spending my time. I just need the discipline to remember to use it.
No comments:
Post a Comment