Back on 8/18, Tom Peters posed the question in his "Ways to Succeed" category asking:
"Are there enough people on your payroll lacking common sense?"
TP then urges us to think about it. I have been pondering it for a week now. I think he needs to phrase it a bit better.
I think there are people that have a general disregard for common sense. Which I think is fine. If you HAVE some sense to begin with - the bold and/or foolhardy will throw caution and job security to the wind when they feel passionate about something.
I am HOPING this is what TP is going for - as opposed to people that just plain old don't have any sense to begin with. I can't see a person like that surviving too long with Tom.
Every once in awhile it is important to say, "screw common sense".
No comments:
Post a Comment