Standout measures you on nine roles. Then it shows you your top two. This is your "edge" according to Buckingham. Your personal game changer. He also calls it your "multiplier" which is traditionally a military concept - "force multiplier".
You will quickly learn and improve upon any innovations, techniques, or best practices that complement these two Roles.This is a "standard" assessment approach. The element I like is that it reveals how I come across to others. I also like the fact that it gives you the words to describe yourself. And we are all about selling ourselves, right people?
Buckingham says,
Where StrengthsFinder [one word] was descriptive and affirming, we wanted StandOut [also one word] to be prescriptive and innovating.And...
StrengthsFinder teased you apart to reveal the complexities of your style, StandOut puts you back together and highlights where you have a competitive advantage.OK. I'm in.
My edge: EQUALIZER.
My multiplier: CREATOR
Huh? Now I really need to go dig out my StrengthsFinder. I will break down the two roles next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment