My friend Harry over at MarketingHeadhunter.com posts a great story that runs counter to yesterday's post.
In yesterday's post, I referenced a thought from Seth Godin that if you are truly the bees knees, you don't need a resume. If you're great, great opportunities will find you.
Low and behold, Harry writes of a friend recruited by Google for one of those insanely great, won't-find-it-on-Monster.com-gigs. Part of Google's process - in fact - the part right after the initial phone call - is resume submission.
Go figure.
It makes sense. The HR types need to follow their processes and procedures. They were kind enough to send a set of guidelines. But do they really need to just feed their machine? Does it matter what Harry's friend has on his resume? Is this just HR checking a box on their checklist?
Why you need a good resume.
ReplyDeleteATLANTA - Last week, I wrote a post on MarketingHeadhunter.com called Do you need a resume? Google thinks so in which I took marketing author Seth Godin to task for stating that great people shouldn't have a resume. You can